Skip to main content Skip to main navigation

Why is mitigation needed for residential development which is permitted development?

Class O and other Permitted Development regulations must be read alongside the Habitat Regulations. Sections 73 to 77 of the Regulations explain the process for checking whether a Class O or other Permitted Development is likely to impact on a European wildlife site. If impact is likely, either alone or in-combination with other developments, then mitigation must be provided just as for a development which requires planning permission.