Skip to main content Skip to main navigation

Are developers obliged to pay the SRMP developer contribution?

Developers seeking planning permission are required to provide mitigation against their 'in combination' effects on the SPAs in order to meet their Habitat Regulations Assessment requirements. In most cases they can do so either by creating a bespoke mitigation plan in consultation with their local authority and Natural England, or by making a contribution to the SRMP strategic approach.